TROY, Mich. Delphi Automotive PLC
has announced it will showcase highly integrated active safety and
connectivity technologies at the upcoming 2014 International Consumer
Electronics Show. These technologies will be key building blocks to
achieving fully automated driving, according to Delphi.
“The fact is, automated driving is happening now and will continue to
expand in capabilities and mainstream use in the very near future,” said
Jeff Owens, chief technology officer, Delphi Automotive. “What sets
Delphi apart from other suppliers is our ability to produce innovations
in three areas that are critical to the automated driving experience:
connected products, active safety products and electrical architecture.
This is the new frontier in the automobile industry, and we’re uniquely
positioned to lead the way.”
Delphi will exhibit advanced technologies from each of these areas at CES, including:
* Automated driving products such as 360-degree sensing, radar and
vision fusion technology, cross traffic alert, collision avoidance and
many other accident mitigation safety features.
* Comprehensive connectivity that works seamlessly with popular
smartphones. A combination of all key connectivity strategies to ensure
consumers’ needs are met to enable built-in, brought-in and plug-n-play
* Core infotainment apps integrated into the entertainment system.
Smartphones connected via Bluetooth and WiFi for the wireless data
throughout the vehicle
* Voice recognition that delivers on-board natural language providing
increased system accuracy and performance, in addition to a
* Workload manager software and driver state sensor technology to
monitor the driver’s attention and intelligently minimize activities
when distractions are potentially high.
* High resolution, reconfigurable displays for attractive styling and to allow for unique consumer customization.
More than 3,200 exhibitors will showcase the latest in consumer
electronics and services at the 2014 International CES in Las Vegas. The
show will be held Jan. 7-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.