The International Aftermarket Meeting 2017 (IAM17) will take place May 25 during Autopromotec, with a focus on “Mobile Solutions: Opportunities and Challenges for the Automotive Aftermarket.”
“By the year 2020, an entire generation of ‘connected’ people – the so called C Generation – will have grown up in a digital and connected world, and digital technology and its tools will be a second nature to this group,” said Josef Frank, chairman of the event and former senior advisor aftermarket and former director aftermarket at CLEPA. “Their familiarity with technology, reliance on mobile communications, and desire to remain in contact with large networks will transform the way we work and consume. This megatrend is already affecting the automotive industry and the aftermarket.”
IAM17 provides an opportunity for the aftermarket community to hear experts discuss what these changes and transformations mean for the sector.
- The first session, after an introduction by ANFIA, will focus on the Italian market. GiPA will be the presenter.
- In the second presentation, Tim Armstrong, vice president of planning solutions at IHS Automotive, will show the long-term outlook for new mobility solutions around the world and look at the impact on automotive demand and the knock-on effects for the aftermarket industry.
- In the third session, Matthias Knirsch, business development director at Bosch Automotive Aftermarket, will describe the changes in the value chain, where the role of the consumer will be different, the speed of innovation due to connectivity, and the need for a clear legal framework.
- In the fourth presentation, Sebastian Ruffino, business unit manager BRIDGE for TomTom, will explain how navigation systems will change. He also will present BRIDGE, a system that offers a flexible platform for businesses to integrate the power of TomTom technology into their business processes.
- In the fifth session Fotios Katsardis, CEO of Temot International, will analyze the implications of mobile solutions in the supply system.
The complete IAM17 conference schedule and the AutopromotecEDU calendar soon will be available on the Autopromotec website.