David McCartney, president of CARQUEST and senior vice president at Advance Auto Parts, kicked off the University of the Aftermarket’s second and final weeklong session of Leadership 2.0. McCartney delivered the keynote address at a reception and dinner on April 24 at the Ingram Collection, one of the finest private Porsche collections in the world, based in Durham, North Carolina. BB&T Capital Markets and Schwartz Advisors co-sponsored the event.
Leadership 2.0 launched in August 2015 at the Sloan Family Building for Aftermarket Studies on Northwood University’s main campus in Midland, Michigan. Between Sessions I and II, participants worked on group projects. Participants will present these projects to the class on April 28.
Throughout its 23-year history, Leadership 2.0 has sought to expand the business, management and leadership skills of the industry’s future leaders. Instructors blend decades of senior aftermarket experience with MBA-level instruction from Northwood University’s DeVos Graduate School of Management faculty. They guide the class in deep discussion and debate on critical issues that impact the industry today and in the future. Participants receive 7.0 credits toward completion of their Automotive Aftermarket Professional (AAP) or Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional (MAAP) designations.
Participants represent all levels of the aftermarket, creating a dynamic in-class experience. Members of the 2015-’16 class are:
- Philip Austin, Standard Motor Products
- Bruce Bardon, NGK Spark Plugs Inc.
- Bill Baxter, Pro-Tech Auto Care
- David Berge, Dayco Products LLC
- Joseph Borges, B & L Sales
- Scott Brown, Cardinal Plaza Shell
- Jose Bueso, Dynamic Automotive
- Steve Clayton, Tenneco
- Michael Creedon, Autopart International
- Lauren Dabney, The Parts House
- Michael Dugan, Advance Auto Parts
- Jay Frazier, Platinum Auto Service
- Jennifer Gibson, Affinia Group
- Kevin Gorman, Standard Motor Products
- Attila Hardy, Auto-Wares Group
- Megan Hastings, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance
- Jillian Horton, Dorman Products Inc.
- Mick Jordan, Cloyes Gear & Products Inc.
- George LeCours, Automotive Supply Associates
- Randall Lucyk, Midas
- Eric McNair, TASCO
- Gary McNease, Advance Auto Parts
- Benjamin Meyers, Delphi
- Gargi Mirle, Delphi
- Jessica Monroe, Standard Motor Products
- Marc Pappas, Federated Auto Parts
- Troy Sawada, UAP — NAPA Canada
- Katie, Schaech, Eastern Warehouse Distributors
- Paul Sechrist, Motown Automotive
- Johnny Thao, Dayco Products LLC
- Joe Timmer, Eastern Warehouse Distributors
- Chris Tinkler, Piston Ring Service
- Kelly Tisler, Federal-Mogul Motorparts
- Alena Vancleave, A & Jay Automotive Warehouse
- Lee Walker, Walker Auto Parts
- Adam Willson, Attica Auto Supply
- Mark Zuanich, Advance Auto Parts
For more information and to reserve a spot in the 2016-’17 Leadership 2.0 class, visit universityoftheaftermarket.com or call 800-551-2882.