LAS VEGAS – The Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) recently announced the winners of its 2014 New Packaging Showcase that featured the latest, eco-friendly, innovative and easy-to-merchandise packaging designs at AAPEX.
Tom Egan, vice president, Industry Services, PMMI – the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies – and Sean Riley, editor, Packaging Machinery Technology (PMT) magazine, judged this year’s entries and selected the following 2014 New Packaging Showcase winners:
• Economics: Audi/VW Suspension Repair Kit, RTS, S.A.
• Environmental Impact: Chevron PitPack, Chevron Lubricants
• Innovation: Scrubblade Platinum, Scrubblade Inc.
• Marketing: Sta-Lube Hydraulic & Jack Oil, CRC Industries
• Protection: Gates Water Pump New Box Packaging, The Gates Corp.
This year marks the second consecutive year for Scrubblade Inc. to win an AAPEX New Packaging Showcase award.
All New Packaging Showcase entries were on display at AAPEX 2014, held Nov. 4-6 in Las Vegas. The winning packaging designs also will be featured in the all-new AAPEX 2014 Product Plus, a Babcox publication being mailed to buyers Dec. 15.
AAPEX 2015 will take place Monday, Nov. 2 through Thursday, Nov. 5 (Education); Tuesday, Nov. 3 through Nov. 5 (Exhibits), once again at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.