GRAND BLANC, Mich. – ACDelco has released four new Professional absorbed glass mat (AGM) battery part numbers designed for vehicles that demand greater power, vibration control, longer life expectancy and maintenance-free operation, such as police cars, taxis and ambulances. AGM batteries also are designed to support vehicles equipped with start-stop vehicle technology.
Three of the part numbers – 34AGM, 65AGM and 78AGM – are current BCI group sizes. Part number LN1AGM is designed to operate equipment on the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV (not the Li-ion battery that stores its propulsion energy). All four part numbers are available for order now.
ACDelco states that its Professional AGM batteries leverage the company’s century of trusted battery technology expertise, and carry a 36-month free replacement warranty. Features include:
· Electrolyte is held permanently in the glass mat separator instead of free flowing within each cell, which makes the battery 100 percent leak-proof and spill-proof
· Significantly reduces the loss of active mass attached to the grid by maintaining pressure on the plates, which results in a better battery life expectancy
· Eliminates acid stratification, a significant failure mode in flooded products
· Oxygen-hydrogen recombination reduces water loss
· Delivers up to four times more cycle life than standard starting/lighting/ignition batteries
· Higher charge acceptance for quicker recharge
· Lasts longer in demanding applications because it is charge-receptive and high-cycling.
ACDelco reminds customers that the procedure for charging AGM batteries is different than that for charging a conventional battery, and recommends checking the battery charger for an AGM setting.
Eligible members of the ACDelco Professional Service Center program offer additional consumer assurance including labor coverage and roadside assistance. For more information about ACDelco’s broad lineup of conventional and AGM batteries, visit www.acdelco.com.