Visitors to the Akebono booth at AAPEX 2021 in Las Vegas got the opportunity to test their knowledge of Akebono products by answering a series of trivia questions.
The contest was designed to bring awareness to the company’s more than 40 year years of OEM, OES and aftermarket expertise in North America, and even challenge its closest followers.
“A special thanks for all that visited our AAPEX 2021 booth and participated in our contest,” said Edward Gerhardt, marketing and data service manager, Akebono Brake Corp. “It was great to be back in-person and congratulations to all of the winners with prizes awarded totaling $2,000. Some of the questions were obviously true, but we were being a bit tricky, because even the more obscure questions were also true.
“The contest was a great way for us to engage with the AAPEX attendees, and give everyone an opportunity to learn something about our past, present and future.”
The true/false trivia questions (ALL TRUE) are listed below:
- Akebono Aftermarket sells ceramic disc brakes under three brand names: ProACT, EURO and Akebono Performance.
- Akebono Performance and EURO ceramic brake pads meet 2021 low-copper regulations today and have met the criteria for this specification for more than 15 years.
- Akebono has been an original-equipment manufacturer of brake pads in North America for over three decades and in total found as original equipment on more than 400 models in the United States.
- Akebono was the first company to manufacture copper-free ceramic brake pads on a production vehicle in North America.
- The 760-horsepower 2021 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 comes equipped with Akebono friction front and rear.
Prize: $500 reward card, Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 diecast and Akebono prize pack.
Winner: Anonymity requested (But if you see a repair shop in Georgia with lots of Akebono swag and big grins, they might be the one!)
Prize: Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 diecast and Akebono prize pack
- Michele L. – Kearney, Nebraska
- Paul T. – Auburn, Washington
Prize: Prize pack with a slew of Akebono-branded swag
- Chris B. – St. Louis
- David W. – Hilliard, Ohio
- Dee S. – Monrovia, California
- Jeff H. – Oxnard, California
- Lou A. – Chicago
- Merle G. – Las Vegas
- Michael C. – Vista, California
- Mitch K. – Nashville
- Mo S. – Lake Bluff, Illinois
- Nick T. – Kent, Washington
- Tyler E. – Tigard, Oregon
- William G. – Simi Valley, California