In the latest episode of “AMN Drivetime,” Babcox Media CEO Bill Babcox sits down with John Lussier, president of Tendeco Sales Inc., under which the Litens brand resides.
In the interview, the two executives talk about a variety of important industry issues – from supply chain challenges to sourcing, R&D, OE heritage, international business and more.
Having been born in Argentina and educated in Venezuela, Lussier says that experience has certainly helped him lead an international business however, he points out that the continued value proposition of the “Made in the USA” still holds weight around the globe.
“For me personally, in my automotive career, it’s helped me a lot into understanding other cultures and how that might benefit and learn to work together. Obviously, it’s a very important thing,” Lussier said. Yet he also shared, “… Having grown up in South America and then subsequently moved to the United States, I learned early on what it meant to be ‘made in the United States,’ because that translates into quality around the world.”
In this episode of “AMN Drivetime,” Bill and John also dive into the following topics:
- 00:56 – Litens’ history and its involvement in the invention of the tensioner
- 04:25 – The vehicle technologies Lussier is keeping a close eye on today
- 6:36 – How growing up in Latin America informs Lussier’s his role as an international business leader today
- 8:08 – Just how many languages does Lussier speak?
- 8:10 – What “made in the USA” really means to Lussier
- 9:23 – How Litens manages today’s continuing supply chain challenges
- 10:55 – The importance of R&D and how Litens differentiates itself in the market
- 13:09 – Diving into the details of having “OE heritage”
- 14:40 – Funny stories from the road
- 16:35 – The popular and insightful Lightning Round
Sponsored by Litens, the “AMN Drivetime” podcast entertains and educates listeners, conversing with today’s top aftermarket drivers and industry leaders who are having an impact on the automotive aftermarket industry. This bi-monthly podcast offers candid, one-on-one conversations between Babcox Media CEO Bill Babcox and notable figures in the automotive aftermarket, sharing their experiences and life lessons as they have traveled the aftermarket.