EnVue Telematics has partnered with Drivewyze Inc. to offer systems that improve commercial-fleet safety, maximize drivers’ hours of service (HOS) and make operations more efficient.
“EnVue now offers Drivewyze’s best-in-class technology, Drivewyze PreClear, that allows commercial drivers to legally bypass routine weigh station stops,” the company said in a news release. “The PreClear technology transmits the vehicle’s safety record, credentials and other details as they approach the station, preclearing the vehicle to bypass the scale without always having to pull in. This keeps drivers out of scales and on the road, allowing them to deliver loads faster while staying in compliance with laws and regulations.”
PreClear is a hands-free technology that’s integrated directly into the Geotab Drive mobile application, eliminating the need for a transponder. PreClear also complies with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration distracted-driving regulations. It improves driver safety by reducing the need for lane changes, lining up on the highway and merging with other traffic, according to EnVue.
Drivewyze also offers business-intelligence technology that provides data-driven information on activities and loss reports for unplanned delays at weigh stations.
“Drivewyze PreClear has become a game-changer for fleet managers. We’re always searching for innovative technology and cutting-edge systems that offer advantages to fleet managers, and partnering with Drivewyze fit our company mission perfectly,” said Randy Read, president of EnVue Telematics. “We look forward to offering our clients the solutions that Drivewyze brings to the table.”
In addition to offering Drivewyze products, EnVue Telematics works with clients to ensure they fully benefit from what the technology has to offer. The relationship does not end at the sale. Carriers using Drivewyze PreClear enjoy many benefits:
- Saves time. Weigh-station bypass systems allow drivers to spend more time on the road.
- Saves money. One client reported saving $1.3 million and more than 12,000 hours of drive time.
- More efficient. The ability to bypass stations allows fleets to perform more efficiently. It also keeps drivers from accidentally missing weight station stops.
- Recruiting and retaining drivers. In a survey, 79% of drivers said they’d think more positively about a company if they offered company-paid bypass service.
- Improves safety. Bypass service allows drivers to avoid sometimes-risky situations.
“The partnership with Drivewyze further enhances a robust lineup of technology and data-driven solutions from EnVue Telematics that optimize fleet performance and improve safety,” the company said in a news release.