How do I remove the headlight lens cover from a 2005 Ford Escape to put on a marker bulb?

How do I remove the headlight lens cover from a 2005 Ford Escape to put on a marker bulb?

Sorry, but I am pretty sure the bumper cover must be removed before you can
unbolt and remove the headlight assembly.

Jim O’Neill
Chino Autotech Inc.

The lens cover does not come off. It is sealed to the housing. You should see a couple of screws or some vertical slide clips to remove it.

Matthew Vaughn
O’Reilly Auto Parts

You May Also Like

Dayco Unveils ‘Top Movers’ Initiative

The initiative will ensure that Dayco’s top high-volume part numbers are always in stock for distributors.

Dayco announced that the company is taking steps “to become the preferred solution provider for front-end-drive-system components.”

With 140 part numbers being introduced in the coming months as well as a strategic effort to have specific top-selling parts guaranteed in stock, Dayco is focused on ensuring coverage is readily available for popular vehicle makes and models, the company said. 

AP Emissions Is Investing for the Future

Under new ownership, AP Emissions is expanding to serve its customers’ ever-evolving needs.

Understanding Fuel Injection

There are two basic types: direct and indirect.

A Closer Look at Stabilizer Bars

You may know them as sway bars or anti-sway bars.

Understanding the Emission-Control System

These components should be high on the list of parts you sell.

Other Posts

Continental NightViu Lighting Available to Consumers

NightViu driving and working lights feature advanced LED technology.

Epicor Introduces Predictive-Analytics Solutions

The solutions enable users to predict demand for parts by store location
and repairs by customer vehicle.

Raybestos Introduces R-Line+ Brake Rotor

The R-Line+ rotor features a chemically resilient, resin-modified material on the hat and edges.

Continental Expands Line of OEM Knock Sensors

The new sensors provide coverage for 28.8 million VIO in the United States and 2.4 million vehicles in Canada.