More than 100 aftermarket professionals from a dozen countries gathered in Coral Gables, Florida, to explore opportunities in the global automotive aftermarket at the Global Summit, presented by the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) and the Overseas Automotive Council (OAC).
“Since 1923, our Overseas Automotive Council has gathered to promote growth in international markets. Our second annual Global Summit focused on the international aftermarket, drawing participants from Canada, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico, United Arab Emirates and others,” AASA President and COO Bill Long said. “Attendees praised the quality and depth of speakers and presentations and rated the AASA and OAC event as a highly valuable and relevant.”
The agenda for the 2019 Global Summit focused on growth opportunities in Latin America, China and the Middle East, explained Paul McCarthy, AASA executive vice president.
“In addition, participants left our conference with insights about the global aftermarket outlook and how the current trade and tariff landscape will impact their aftermarket business,” McCarthy said. “We learned the global aftermarket presents significant growth opportunities: Over the next couple of decades, growth rates in the global aftermarket are likely to exceed growth rates in light-vehicle sales.”
In addition to McCarthy, speakers at the Summit included:
- David Barbeau, CEO, Barbeau Consulting
- Gazi Bilikozen, show director, Automechanika Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh
- Jack Garcia, director, J.M. Garcia
- Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal Mogul Motorparts
- Caroline Perrotta, manager, operations, Intraco Corp.
- John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence
- Jose R. Sera, vice president sales – LATAM, Gates Corp.
- Norm Young, operating principle, Industrial Opportunity Partners
- Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
The next AASA Global Summit presented by OAC is set for Feb. 6-7, 2020, at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables in Coral Gables, Florida. Program details will be announced later this year on the AASA events web page.
2019 AASA Global Summit sponsors were Aftermarket International, Automechanika Dubai, J.M. Garcia, Latin Parts Expo and WHI. For information about promotional opportunities at the 2020 event, contact Ben Brucato, AASA senior director of membership – sponsorship programs and member services.