Interstate Batteries introduced its next-generation battery tester, the IB Pulse – The Tech’s Tester, at AAPEX in Las Vegas.
With the launch, Interstate Batteries expands its portfolio of battery testers to better meet the needs of automotive dealers, retailers and installers, according to the company.
“We surveyed 2,000 technicians across the country to make sure the IB Pulse is a battery tester designed for the way technicians really work,” said Brian Madeley, general manager of charging/testing for Dallas-based Interstate Batteries. “Our team traveled across the U.S. to understand the technician’s experience firsthand. Those insights were invaluable in making the IB Pulse smarter, better and faster.”
Developed with more than 10 years of technician feedback and field research, the handheld tester easily scans a vehicle identification number and battery UPC to provide fast, accurate results to customers, according to the company.
Features of the IB Pulse include:
- A lightweight design, made for easy one-hand operation
- A custom Android operating system with an intuitive touchscreen app, VIN scanner and wireless communication
- A durable Gorilla Glass touchscreen interface and a separate control keypad for use while wearing gloves
- Stronger clamps with built-in storage
- A compact, wall-mountable charger with redundant charging ports
- Field-replaceable parts to minimize downtime and repair costs
In addition, the IB Pulse is designed as part of a comprehensive testing program. It pairs with the IB Pulse Hub to share real-time results via a printer or customer’s email, establishing testing locations as helpful experts, and growing consumer loyalty.
“Interstate Batteries’ long-term vision is to be the first choice in sustainable battery solutions in every community we serve,” said Scott Miller, president and CEO of Interstate Batteries. “With the IB Pulse, our customers have a powerful new tool to quickly and accurately evaluate vehicle batteries, allowing us to meet the needs of businesses and consumers in a timely way.”
The IB Pulse will formally launch to customers beginning Jan. 7.