Kurk Wilks, president and CEO of MANN+HUMMEL, has been elected vice chairman of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) board of directors.
Wilks joined the MEMA board in 2021.
“Having Kurk as a vice chairman of the MEMA board is aligned with our mission to advance the business interests of the vehicle supplier community,” said Marc Blackman, president and COO, Gold Eagle, and chairman of the MEMA board. “I look forward to working with Kurk in his new role and during this transformational time in our industry.”
“I’m excited to work with Kurk Wilks as vice chairman of the MEMA Board,” MEMA President and CEO Bill Long said. “His industry expertise and experience in the global supply chain –original equipment and aftermarket in both the heavy-duty and light vehicle sectors – make him an ideal choice for this role.
During its most recent meeting in April, the MEMA board welcomed three new directors: Jon Husby, president and CEO, SEG Automotive; Mat Joy, president and CEO, Hendrickson; and Chris Pruitt, executive vice president, sales, finance and administration, East Penn.
“With the addition of Jon, Mat and Chris, the voice of our industry is amplified,” added Long. “They will be instrumental in guiding the future direction of the MEMA board and our great organization.”
Other executives serving on the MEMA board of directors are:
- Chairman – Marc Blackman, president and COO, Gold Eagle
- Vice chairman – Mike Mansuetti, president, Robert Bosch LLC
- Treasurer – Tom Ward, senior vice president, and president, Repair Systems & Information Group, Snap-on
- Peter Butterfield, chairman and CEO, Omega Environmental Technologies
- Françoise Colpron, group president, Valeo North America
- Justin Greenberg, CEO, DieselCore
- Dominic Grote, president and CEO, Grote Industries
- Tim Musgrave, president and CEO, Pressure Systems International
- David Overbeeke, chairman, Maval Industries
- Eric Steinbecher, president, Automotive Aftermarket Americas, Schaeffler Group USA
- Bill Long, president and CEO, MEMA
Since 1904, MEMA has been the voice of the automotive and commercial-vehicle supplier industry, the largest manufacturing sector in the United States. MEMA is the parent organization of four affiliate associations: the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA); Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA); MERA – The Association for Sustainable Manufacturing; and Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA).