The Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA), a community of the Auto Care Association, announced the addition of its newest officers and governors immediately following the conclusion of AAPEX 2018 in Las Vegas.
Effective Nov. 1, the new AWDA chairman is Mauro Cifelli, president and CEO of Montreal-based Vast-Auto Distribution. Cifelli succeeds Bobby Segal of Sanel NAPA in Concord, New Hampshire, who successfully led the association the previous two years and remains on the board as immediate past-chairman.
AWDA’s new officers are:
- Vice chairman – Henry Slack, Slack Auto Parts, Gainesville, Georgia
- Secretary – Ryan Samuels, Samuels Inc., Vauxhall, New Jersey
- Treasurer – Tim Trudnowski, Automotive Jobbers Supply, Spokane, Washington
“These new officers join a long and distinguished line of great leaders that have come through AWDA,” said Larry Northup, executive director of AWDA. “Their commitment to the industry is inspiring. It’s truly an honor to work with them.”
AWDA’s new governors are:
- Mike Buzzard, Auto Plus/Icahn Automotive Group, Kennesaw, Georgia
- Kelly Spence Connolly, Tri-States Automotive Warehouse, Marianna, Florida
- Charles Crouse, TBA & Oil Warehouse, Indianapolis,
- Jesse Kaplan, Neptune Warehouse Distributors, Chelsea, Massachusetts
“AWDA’s nominating committee insists that, if asked, any incoming governor must be qualified to serve as chairman,” said Northup. “The result of this long-standing tradition is a consistent supply of high-quality board members who are interested, engaged and committed to traditional distribution, the aftermarket and their association.”
In the coming year, the AWDA board will support and represent traditional distribution within the Auto Care Association and the aftermarket industry at large. AWDA also will continue its long tradition of supporting industry education through sizeable donations to the University of the Aftermarket Foundation.
AWDA represents more than 600 top distributors and manufacturers of motor vehicle parts nationwide. The 71-year old organization is a key segment of the Auto Care Association.
For more information about AWDA, contact Northup at 301-654-6664 or [email protected].