GERMANTOWN, Tenn. – The Automotive Distribution Network honored Standard Motor Products (SMP) with its 2014 Vendor of the Year Award at the group’s recent national convention in New Orleans.
“The Network is pleased to recognize Standard Motor Products as our most valued manufacturer partner in 2014,” said Mike Lambert, president of the Network. “SMP’s support has been tremendous, excelling in every vendor area we evaluate, including exceptional quality, marketing, training, logistics and category management. Standard also participated in every promotion we launched last year, going above and beyond to ensure each program was a success with the Network’s members and their customers.”
During the convention finale at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans, the Network honored SMP’s Bill Collins, national group sales director, with the group’s inaugural Manufacturer Program Manager of the Year Award.
The Network also recognized several vendors for excellence in the following areas:
- Exceptional Marketing – Gates
- Category Management – Dorman Products
- Exceptional Technology Support – Tenneco
- Exceptional Logistics – East Penn
- Exceptional Quality – BBB
- Exceptional Innovation – Spectra Premium
- Exceptional Sales Team – DENSO
- Exceptional Training – Standard Motor Products
- National Account Support – Federal-Mogul
- Tool & Equipment – Rotary Lift
- Network Products – Autolite Spark Plugs