GRAND BLANC, Mich. – ACDelco oil filters PF 63 (GM No. 89017525) and the Durapack version, PF63F (GM No. 19254710) are transitioning to a new design that the company says offers improved performance. The new part numbers are PF63E (GM No. 19330000) and PF63F (GM No. 19330001).
According to ACDelco, the new filters’ improved performance comes from a revised bypass valve design that features a compression spring-loaded nylon poppet that outperforms the current filter. These filters meet GM Powertrain performance specifications. Improvements include:
- Bypass valve opening pressure is increased from 100 to 150 kPa and is statistically more capable
- Improved level of robustness to water accumulation
- Filter media is no longer potted in adhesive, which can block filtration area
- Excellent cold-weather performance to minus 30 degrees C with dexos1 oil
- Hot oil durability improved thanks to elimination of adhesive.
Learn more about ACDelco oil filters by visiting acdelco.com.