AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Fiat Chrysler honored 16 North American supplier partners at the company’s annual Supplier Conference at MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit.
The Supplier of the Year awards recognize companies that have shown an extraordinary commitment to innovation, quality, warranty, cost, delivery and the Fiat Chrysler Foundational Principles, according to the automaker.
“We honor those who continue to fuel our momentum by providing us not only the best ideas and cutting-edge technologies, but also the suppliers who consistently exceed our expectations,” said Scott Thiele, chief purchasing officer, FCA – global. “We know that you are the backbone of this industry, and the partnerships we have formed over the years have brought forth some of the most exciting vehicles in the market, from the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, the industry’s first electrified minivan, to the world’s most powerful factory-production V-8 in the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.”
The 2016 Fiat Chrysler U.S. Suppliers of the Year are:
- Body Supplier of the Year – Flex-N-Gate
- Capital Equipment Supplier of the Year – Komatsu America Industries
- Chassis Supplier of the Year – Mubea
- Diversity Supplier of the Year – Tenneco
- Electrical Supplier of the Year – Autoliv
- Engine Systems Supplier of the Year – ABC Group
- Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year – Omega Tool
- Innovation Supplier of the Year – Dana
- Interior Supplier of the Year – Mitchell Plastics
- Mopar Supplier of the Year – Kay Automotive Graphics
- Powertrain Supplier of the Year – Linamar
- Raw Material Supplier of the Year – AK Steel
- Services Supplier of the Year – IHS Markit
- Supply Chain Management Supplier of the Year – Arbomex
- Sustainability Supplier of the Year – BASF
- Value Optimization Supplier of the Year – Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Award recipients were determined based on an evaluation of each company’s supplier scorecard performance in 2016 – a rating system that evaluates supplier performance in areas such as quality, delivery, cost, warranty and partnership – and input from Fiat Chrysler senior leadership. Suppliers nominated themselves for the innovation, sustainability and diversity award categories.
Fiat Chrysler U.S. also awarded 117 global production suppliers for their outstanding quality. To qualify, the supplier had to have 100 percent warranty and incoming material quality scores.
Fiat Chrysler holds similar supplier recognition ceremonies in three other locations across the globe.