The timing drive determines the quality of the engine running, the power delivery, as well as the fuel consumption and pollutant emissions of the vehicle. Timing drive components help synchronize the precise sequence of the valves opening and closing at exactly the right moment, in any condition and at any engine speed.
This webinar will explore the various solutions for repairs of the timing drive system in both conventional and hybrid drivetrain systems. You’ll learn from timing drive expert Roger Gillette, Technical Services Group Leader for Schaeffler. Roger is an ASE-certified technician and a former retail store leader with more than 20 years of industry experience.
You’ll learn about:
- Common reasons of timing component failures
- Progression of going from belt drive to chain drive – the pros and cons of each timing system
- Chain types commonly used, pitches, and influencing factors on wear patterns
- Why proper maintenance matters
- INA Timing chain program: OE Competency