“Times Change. It’s Time for Magnum Gaskets” has been the introductory slogan for Magnum Gaskets for the past two years. That slogan has taken on new meaning for Modern Silicone Technologies (MSI) as it has established its Magnum Gaskets aftermarket brand in the market in that time. The company says its focus is now on growth of the product line and supporting its distribution partners. The focus is now on growth of the product line and supporting their distribution partners.
For almost 20 years, MSI (Modern Silicone Technologies Inc.) has been a USA-based supplier of high-tech molded gaskets to major aftermarket brands and OEM. The introduction of Magnum Gaskets linked MSI directly with the automotive aftermarket.
In 2013, Magnum Gaskets has grown to nearly 1,000 SKUs as part of its continued growth initiative. World-class head gaskets, head sets and head bolts have joined Magnum’s line of premium-quality valve cover, oil pan and manifold gaskets.
“It’s been a great year,” said Derek Data, Magnum vice president. “We’ve made major inroads in the distribution channel. People recognize our longstanding commitment to quality from our lineage to MSI.”
• Under Magnum’s “USA FIRST” policy, more than 90 percent of Magnum Gaskets are designed, manufactured and packaged in the USA.
• A new manufacturing plant in Pinellas Park, Fla., more than doubles Magnum’s design, manufacturing and packaging space.
• New distribution centers were opened in Gardena, Calif., and Mississauga, Canada
• Ongoing online training programs are tailored for both technicians and counterpeople. Certificates and Magnum gear are awarded to graduates through magnumgaskets.com.
• Magnum has addressed the diesel market by adding 99 new individually boxed heavy duty gaskets and seals for popular Class 4 to Class 8 diesel trucks. Coverage includes Dodge/Ram Cummins, Ford Powerstroke, GM Duramax, Navistar DT466, Cat C7 & C9, Detroit Diesel Series 60 and Cummins ISX.
• New Magnum Performance Gaskets are now available in branded skin packs, featuring advanced materials and designs for Chevy SB, BB and GM LS motors plus popular Ford and Chrysler applications.