The Auto Care Association recognized industry leaders who have demonstrated their commitment to the betterment of the automotive aftermarket during its Leadership Days and Legislative Summit hosted in Washington, D.C., from Sept. 20-22.
Bill Hanvey, president of the Auto Care Association, presented the awards to those who are going above and beyond to make a difference. Hanvey first honored the recipients of the Auto Care Association Impact Award: Four for the Future, which recognizes four people under the age of 40 who have made substantial contributions within the auto care industry. These individuals have achieved success within their organizations through professionalism, hard work, dedication and the ability to elevate their companies.
Award recipients included:
- Joe DeLorme; director of sales and product management for Dorman Products
- Shawn Senior, president at Eastern Warehouse Distributors
- Chelsea Scally, associate director of global mobility for S&P Global
- and Cindy Talamantes, marketing and communications manager for Global Parts Distributors
The association also presented the Auto Care Education Award, or ACE Award, which recognizes companies dedicated to excellence and education by investing in the growth of knowledge and skills within their organization or throughout the industry. Award recipients included:
- ACE Large Company Award: The Auto-Wares Group of Companies, headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- ACE Medium Company Award: ABC Auto Parts with locations in East Texas and the Shreveport, Louisiana, area
- ACE Small Company Award: .dott, a business and consulting practice dedicated to automotive and commercial vehicle aftermarket leaders with a focus on diversity focus
Lastly, Hanvey honored Fred Bunting Sr., chairman of the board of the Auto-Wares Group of Companies, with the Mort Schwartz Excellent in Education Award, created to honor Mort Schwartz, a longtime automotive aftermarket business owner, entrepreneur and now industry consultant
“Congratulations to all of our award winners,” Hanvey said. “You exemplify what our industry is about.”