ROANOKE, Virginia and DALLAS – Advance Auto Parts and Interstate Batteries announced a strategic partnership “to better-serve the changing needs of the automotive aftermarket with premium-quality products, expanded availability and enhanced customer service.”
Interstate Batteries, which boasts the largest independent battery distribution system in North America, will become the exclusive automotive and specialty battery brand for Advance Auto Parts stores and customers in spring 2018, according to the companies.
Advance Auto Parts will debut a comprehensive battery program featuring Interstate products at its more than 4,900 U.S. and international locations, and will offer free battery testing and installation in stores.
Interstate products initially will be available at Advance’s company-owned stores and at independently owned Carquest stores. In the future, wholly owned Advance Auto Parts subsidiaries Worldpac, Autopart International and Carquest Canada also will offer Interstate products.
“We are thrilled that Advance Auto Parts will be the only national auto parts retailer offering our customers the market leading battery brand,” said Tom Greco, president and CEO of Advance Auto Parts. “The trusted Interstate brand, coupled with Advance’s best-in-class customer service, is a winning combination. Offering Interstate products in store, online and through delivery within our network demonstrates our commitment to serving our customers through differentiated, innovative solutions. Together with Interstate, we are positioned to increase market share in batteries and achieve growth. Long-term strategic partnerships with our suppliers are important, and this is a great example.”
Through the partnership, professional installers and do-it-yourself customers will receive greater access and availability to premium automotive and specialty batteries as well as a broader warranty program, according to the two companies.
“Interstate Batteries’ long-term vision is to be the first choice in sustainable battery solutions in every community we serve,” said Scott Miller, president and CEO of Interstate Batteries. “This alliance places us where our professional and retail customers are making purchasing decisions, allowing Advance Auto Parts and independent Carquest stores to serve as convenient, one-stop shops to meet our customers’ needs.”
Retail customers and professional installers alike will benefit from the partnership in many ways, according to the companies:
- Best-in-class brands – For 85 years, customers have relied on Advance Auto Parts for high-quality parts, service and solutions. Now, customers can get the entire line of the market-leading Interstate brand from Advance Auto Parts. Interstate’s products are qualified at Interstate’s state-of-the-art testing lab to verify their products meet or exceed original equipment fit and function.
- Unmatched availability – Through the partnership, DIY consumers and professional installers will benefit from more than 99-percent coverage for cars, light trucks and specialty battery needs. Combining Advance’s online platforms and extended retail hours with Interstate’s expansive distribution network and route service program means the two companies will be able to provide the right battery at the right time when and where consumers need them.
- Best-in-class service – Advance locations will benefit from Interstate’s vast battery distribution network with more frequent product rotation and efficiencies through direct delivery to stores, keeping shelves fully stocked. Professional installers will appreciate Advance’s timely delivery service, allowing them more time to focus on customers’ needs. Additionally, with its portfolio of more than 900,000 quality products, Advance is ready to meet the full automotive parts needs of Interstate’s extensive professional customer base. For consumers, Advance stores will continue to offer free battery testing and installation through the expertise of its knowledgeable team.
- Nationwide warranty coverage – Interstate warranties now will be honored at all Advance locations and independently owned Carquest stores in addition to the 200,000-plus professional shops that install Interstate batteries. The Advance footprint and name recognition bring increased convenience to Interstate customers seeking warranty support.
- Environmental sustainability – In addition to sharing similar values based on quality, service and integrity, both companies also focus on environmental sustainability. Together, the companies will recycle more than 30 million batteries per year. That’s 1.1 billion pounds of lead and equates to more batteries recycled than sold.